The results of Fear By: Frances M McCrory-Meservy
1. Fear is not from God. Fear is one of Satan's greatest tools.
Perfect love casts out fear and we get that unconditional love from God because Jesus gave up his life for our sins. Without this perfect love, we are in bondage to fear. If we have the Holy Spirit in us, we are no longer in bondage and fear disappears.
Jesus is always with us. We are never alone no matter where we are. Jesus is even with us when we are in pain (physically or emotionally). Whatever anyone does to us, they are doing it to Jesus in us. He feels everything we feel.
When you feel fearful, say, "Get the behind me Satan." Say it aloud. He can't hear your thoughts. As soon as he knows you recognize it's him, he will run away and the fear will go with him.
Do not rebuke Satan because that is God's job. Ask Jesus to rebuke him for you.
2. Fear shows a lack of faith. If we have faith in God that He will cause all things to turn to our good like he promised in his word. If we trust that His word is true, we should not be afraid. Settle in your heart that He causes all things to work to our good. All things means everything without exception.
Circumstances around us and what we hear on the news can cause us to become fearful and not walk in faith. Peter walked on water out to where Jesus was until he became aware of the storm around him. The weather distracted him and in fear he began to sink. Jesus asked him what happened to his faith. So long as Peter was looking at Jesus, he was not afraid and his faith was strong.
When we have wars and rumors of war, we tend to become fearful. We lose freedoms by giving the Government permission to keep us safe. We want them to build up arms and the military so we can intimidate other nations. Every country does this. It's human nature. If we are in God's Spirit, we know that no earthly thing or person can protect us. We know that God is our only hope to stay safe. He can make our enemies afraid of us and scatter in all directions without us lifting a finger. Trust God.
3. Fear can stop us from doing what God wants us to do. It is a sin to disobey God. He does not ask us to do much; but He does want us to use the talents (gifts, abilities, personalities) He gave us. He wants us to use them in unconditional love to His Glory (to help build His kingdom).
4. Fear of people (timid, shyness) will stop you cold in your tracks and sometimes causes you to run the other way. Say God does something really good for you and you don't tell anyone because you don't think they will believe you; or think they will make fun of you; or it will be embarrassing or they'll think you are crazy. That is Fear. You overcome it by telling your friends first. It is easy to tell your friends anything.
Jesus did not tell the man who was possessed with demons to tell the whole town, He told him to go tell his friends who knew him because Jesus knew they would listen to him. Since they knew him when he was demon possessed, they would also believe him because they would see the difference in his everyday life after that. They in turn would tell their families and other friends.
5. Lack of understanding and/or the unknown can cause us to be afraid; but if we ask, we will receive an answer and if we trust God with our future, fear will leave.
If you want understanding, ask God to have his Spirit teach you as you read the Holy Bible. If God is teaching you, you will know Him and His word. With God's word comes knowledge. If you need wisdom, He will give it to you without finding fault. Wisdom and knowledge bring understanding.
1) 2 Tim 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
1 John 4:8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:16-18 And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him. Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.
Heb 13:5-6 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." So we may boldly say: "The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?"
Rom 8:15-16 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father." The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
Heb 2:14-15 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
1 Pet 3:14-17 But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you are blessed. "And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled." But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed. For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.
2) Luke 8:23-25 But as they sailed He fell asleep. And a windstorm came down on the lake, and they were filling with water, and were in jeopardy. And they came to Him and awoke Him, saying, "Master, Master, we are perishing!" Then He arose and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water. And they ceased, and there was a calm. But He said to them, "Where is your faith?" And they were afraid, and marveled, saying to one another, "Who can this be? For He commands even the winds and water, and they obey Him!"
Mat 14:26-31 And when the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, "It is a ghost!" And they cried out for fear. But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, "Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid." And Peter answered Him and said, "Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water." So He said, "Come." And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus. But when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out, saying, "Lord, save me!" And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, "O you of little faith, why did you doubt?"
Rom 8:27-31 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
Exo 14:24-25 Now it came to pass, in the morning watch, that the LORD looked down upon the army of the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and cloud, and He troubled the army of the Egyptians. And He took off their chariot wheels, so that they drove them with difficulty; and the Egyptians said, "Let us flee from the face of Israel, for the LORD fights for them against the Egyptians."
Isa 31:1 Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help, And rely on horses, Who trust in chariots because they are many, And in horsemen because they are very strong, But who do not look to the Holy One of Israel, Nor seek the LORD!
Deu 20:1 "When you go out to battle against your enemies, and see horses and chariots and people more numerous than you, do not be afraid of them; for the LORD your God is with you, who brought you up from the land of Egypt.
3) Mat 25:25-30 'And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground. Look, there you have what is yours.' "But his lord answered and said to him, 'You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed. 'So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest. 'Therefore take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents. 'For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away. 'And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'
Luke 12:4-5 "And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. "But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!
Phil 2:12-13 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
Luke 12:32 "Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
Rom 13:3-7 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience' sake. For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God's ministers attending continually to this very thing. Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor.
Acts 9:31 Then the churches throughout all Judea, Galilee, and Samaria had peace and were edified. And walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, they were multiplied.
Luke 18:2-8 saying: "There was in a certain city a judge who did not fear God nor regard man. "Now there was a widow in that city; and she came to him, saying, 'Get justice for me from my adversary." "And he would not for a while; but afterward he said within himself, 'Though I do not fear God nor regard man, 'yet because this widow troubles me I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.'" Then the Lord said, "Hear what the unjust judge said. "And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them? "I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?"
Rev 2:10-11 "Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life. "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death."'
4) Mark 5:15-19 Then they came to Jesus, and saw the one who had been demon-possessed and had the legion, sitting and clothed and in his right mind. And they were afraid. And those who saw it told them how it happened to him who had been demon-possessed, and about the swine. Then they began to plead with Him to depart from their region. And when He got into the boat, he who had been demon-possessed begged Him that he might be with Him. However, Jesus did not permit him, but said to him, "Go home to your friends, and tell them what great things the Lord has done for you, and how He has had compassion on you."
Acts 18:9-10 Now the Lord spoke to Paul in the night by a vision, "Do not be afraid, but speak, and do not keep silent; "for I am with you, and no one will attack you to hurt you; for I have many people in this city."
5) Luke 24:45 And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.
Eph 1:17-21 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.
Phil 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
James 4:2-3 You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask.
Prov 4:5-9 Get wisdom! Get understanding! Do not forget, nor turn away from the words of my mouth. Do not forsake her, and she will preserve you; Love her, and she will keep you. Wisdom is the principal thing; Therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding. Exalt her, and she will promote you; She will bring you honor, when you embrace her. She will place on your head an ornament of grace; A crown of glory she will deliver to you."
James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
Prov 16:16 How much better to get wisdom than gold! And to get understanding is to be chosen rather than silver.
Christian Bible Studies
* All scripture from the NKJV of Quick Verse (soft ware)